Christmas Eve Banana Bread | Recipe
I'm still feeling a little under the weather, I have company coming over in about an hour, I have a long list of cookies and quiches I need to bake before tonight, and I have three over ripe bananas staring at me. Time for banana bread.
I may be trying to kill some kind of gem tickling the back of my throat, attempting to ruin my Christmas diet of mimosas, sugar, butter, and wine, so instead of whipping up a power smoothie and ditching the Christmas spirit I went with a healthy version of my mom's banana bread.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
2 1/4 cup spelt flor
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
1/4 cup raw organic honey
2 cage free eggs
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease your loaf pan.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large bowl mix mashed bananas with yogurt, honey, eggs, oil and vanilla extract.
4. Gently fold the wet ingredients with the flour until smooth, be careful not to over mix.
5. Pour batter into pan, sprinkle top with organic sugar.
6. Bake loaf for 40 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.
Tip: I found most of my ingredients at Costco, they have a great selection of organic products now. If you can't find it at Costco, check Amazon before driving 20 miles to the nearest organic grocery store.